Our East Grand Forks Achievement and Integration program has established "The Pantry" located at the Senior High School to help end hunger in our schools.
Students: Are you wondering...is The Pantry for me?
It’s for anyone who needs it!
~Share what you can, take what you need~
When is The Pantry for you??? Some examples:
- If you don’t have lunch money because you needed it to pay for something for a school activity, The Pantry is for you.
- If your parents get paid on Friday and it’s Tuesday and you don’t have personal hygiene items, The Pantry is for you.
- If you haven’t eaten at home because your parents needed to pay rent or the house payment, The Pantry is for you.
- If you had an unexpected expense, like your furnace went out or your refrigerator broke down, The Pantry is for you.
When is The Pantry NOT for you??? Some examples:
- When you have enough food at home and you have access to it.
- When you have money for lunch but choose to use it for something that’s not a necessity.
- When you were running late in the morning and forgot/didn’t have time for breakfast.
~In general, items are to be taken home and used at home. Items may be brought back to school for lunch or snack if needed. The Pantry is not to be accessed for a quick snack because you did not plan ahead.
~Our staff at Senior High would like you to know that even if you are someone who typically has enough food to eat, there may come a time that you don’t and The Pantry is for those times!
~Below are items that are housed in The Pantry. Ask any teacher or counselor and they can bring you to The Pantry to choose what you need or take home a “Grab and Go” bag of food.
The Pantry-East Grand Forks Senior High School
Canned/Plastic jar items
Canned Meats:Chicken, Tuna, Salmon, Spam, Ham
Canned Soups, Chili, Pasta in sauce or Stews
Fruit (can or plastic)
Juice (especially 100% fruit)
Peanut Butter/other nut butters
Corn, Peas, Carrots, Potatoes, Beans & legumes etc.
Protein bars /Granola bars/Cereal Bars
Instant Mashed/Boxed Potatoes/
Instant Oatmeal/Cream of Wheat/Malto meal
Pasta (especially whole grains)
Pasta mixes/Mac n cheese
Pasta sauce in plastic jars or cans
Rice - white and brown
Shelf stable milk/soy/milk alternatives
Single Serve items (Mac n Chz, Oatmeal, etc.)
Muffin/Biscuit/Baking Mixes(That only require water)
Cooking oil/spray (olive/canola oil)
Nuts and seeds
Condiments: Ketchup, BBQ sauce, Mustard, Mayonnaise
Femine products: Pads, Tampons, Panty liners
Deodorant - male and female