Speech and Language Resources
"Talk of the Town" Speech and Language
- Website useful for: Articulation for /r/, /l/, and /s/, Basic Concepts, Grammar, Listening, Questions, and Vocabulary
- Website useful for: vocabulary, synonyms
Make Beliefs Comix
- Website useful for: increasing verbal expression, social interactions, feelings, identifying the main idea/key points of the story, parts of a story, speech sounds, etc.
Wacky Web Tales
- Website useful for: identifying key points and the main idea, retelling the story, speech sounds
Fun Brain Reading: Mad Lib Junior
- These websites is useful for learning parts of speech and identifying the main idea/key points of the story
What Can You Infer
- Working on inferences (taking what you know and making an educated guess)
- Working on appropriate social skills in given situations at school or with friends.
- Learning about facial expressions/feelings
- Pick a social situation then create story line and facial expressions
Super Problem Solver
- Identifying appropriate solutions for given situations.
- Work on parts of a story
- Story retell
- News articles that can adjusted to meet the reading (lexile) level of the student
- Work on speech sounds while playing games like memory, hangman, challenge board, word jumble etc.
- Work on speech sounds while playing games like memory, crosswords, and word searches
- Picture cards for single word practice of speech sounds
- Work on speech sounds
- What’s Different –Category Game
- The Feelings Game
- Emotion and Scenario Cards
- Articulation Strategies and Picture Cards