American Crystal scholarships are now available for pickup in the counseling office!!!!
There is a $500 scholarship for any student planning on attending any Technical/Vocational School as well as a $1,000 scholarship for any student planning on attending a 4 year. Completed applications need to be handed in to the Counseling Office by April 21st.
The American Legion - East Grand Forks
The American Legion offers $100 scholarships, this is a quick and easy application. Please stop by the American Legion or the Counseling Office to pick up your application.
Minnesota head start scholarship application
The Minnesota Head Start Association is accepting applications for their annual Head Start Heroes awards and scholarships program. Seniors must have attended Head Start as a child, applications can be picked up in the Counseling Office.
Application Deadline: January 24
sfm foundation scholarship
- Must be the natural, adopted, step-child or full dependent of a worker injured or killed in a work-related accident during the course and scope of employment with a Minnesota- or Iowa-based employer and entitled to receive benefits under the Minnesota Workers' Compensation Act or Iowa's workers' compensation law.
- Must be a Minnesota or Iowa resident between the ages of 16 and 25 at the time of the application.
- Must have a high school diploma, GED or be a high school student in good standing. Academic achievement, aptitude, extracurricular activities, and community service of the applicant are considered.
- Grade point average will be reviewed against the number of hours the applicant works and his/her community involvement.
- Must be pursuing a primary college or university degree (bachelor's or associate's) or vocational education and training (certificate or license) from any accredited school.
- Must demonstrate financial need.
Applications can be picked up in the Counseling Office or downloaded and completed online at: SFM Foundation
DEADLINE: March 31, 2019
Student Loans Scholarship Award
NO PURCHASE OR LOAN NECESSARY. A PURCHASE, LOAN, OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Discover Student Loans Scholarship Award Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. territories who are at least sixteen (16) years old at the time of entry. Entrants must also be high school senior students who will be or college students who are enrolled at least half-time in a Bachelor's or Associate's degree program or graduate program at an eligible school or parent/legal guardians of students that satisfy the above eligibility requirements. For a complete list of participating accredited, non-profit colleges and universities, click here. Employees of Discover Products, Inc., HelloWorld, Inc., and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of such employees are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Discover Products, Inc.2500 Lake Cook Road, Riverwoods, IL 60015. Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on January 1, 2018 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET"), ends on January 31, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"), and consists of four (4) entry periods (each an “Entry Period”) as set forth below.
|Entry Period||Start Date (at 12:00 a.m. ET)||End Date (at 11:59 p.m. ET)||Approximate Draw Date/Winner Notification Date|
|1||January 1, 2018||March 31 2018||April 9, 2018|
|2||April 1, 2018||June 30, 2018||July 9, 2018|
|3||July 1, 2018||September 30, 2018||October 8, 2018|
|4||October 1, 2018||January 31, 2019||February 7, 2019|
Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit scholarship.collegecovered.com and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form including a valid email address. By entering this Sweepstakes, you will be opted in to receive email marketing messages; however, if you have previously opted-out of receiving email marketing messages from Sponsor, you will not be added back to the email list. You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the applicable Entry Period drawing.
Limit: You may enter one (1) time during the Promotion Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
DEADLINE: January 31, 2019
For more infomation please visit:
Minnesota Women's Golf Association (MWGA)
The MWGA Foundation scholarship is based on academic performance (a minimum 3.2 average), continued financial need and quality of character as demonstrated by civic and academic activities. Although skill or excellence in the game of golf is not a criterion, candidates shall demonstrate an interest or involvement in the sport.
Be certain to file a Federal Student Aid Report (FAFSA) with the US Government between October 1st and March 1st of your senior year. FAFSA forms can be obtained at www.fafsa.gov. Return (1) the online application: https://www.mngolf.org/Scholarship_Application, (2) a copy of your high school transcripts, (3) ACT and/or SAT scores and (4) a copy of your competed FAFSA form (including the Student Aid Report (SAR)) to the MWGA Foundation, 6550 York Ave. S., Suite 211, Edina, MN 55435-2333. ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED IN THE MWGA FOUNDATION OFFICE BY 4:30 PM, MARCH 31, OF YOUR SENIOR YEAR. All pieces of the application must be received together by the MWGA Foundation by the deadline to be considered.
Valley Bone and Joint
SCHOLAR-ATHLETE OF THE MONTH PURPOSE: The Scholar-Athlete of the Month program recognizes exceptional student athletes who are performing well in the classroom and on the field. Each month, one senior high school athlete will be chosen as the Valley Bone & Joint Clinic Scholar-Athlete of the Month and awarded $500 to acknowledge their academic and athletic commitment. AMOUNT: The Scholar-Athlete of the Month award recipients are awarded five hundred ($500) dollars. CRITERIA: The following criteria will be used in selecting recipients: The applicant is a senior athlete who has earned a varsity letter in a sport. The applicant lives in eastern North Dakota or northwestern Minnesota. The applicant has a 3.5 GPA or higher. Funds must be used for educational expenses. Upon notification as a winner, a parent/guardian must sign a waiver acknowledging the release of the winner’s name and photo to social media as well as media outlets for recognition. Applications will be reviewed in three rounds. The application periods are August-October, NovemberJanuary and February-March. The award can only be given to an applicant once. Each winner will be notified by mail upon being chosen as the Valley Bone & Joint Clinic Scholar-Athlete of the Month.
Apply online at: https://www.vbjclinic.com/scholarship-application
Alpha Kappa psi scholarship fund
The application process for the Alpha Kappa Psi Scholarships has been designed to help the selection committee learn about your leadership experience, extracurricular involvement, and academic performance. Last year, we awarded 10 incoming freshman scholarships valued between $5,000 and $20,000. We invite all high-caliber high school seniors admitted to the Carlson School to apply!
Application can be found at: http://www.akpsischolarships.org/
2019 scholarships for military children program
Commissaries are an integral part of the quality of life offered to service members and their families. The Scholarships for Military Children Program was created in recognition of the contributions of military families to the readiness of the fighting force and to celebrate the role of the commissary in the military family community. It is the intent of the program that a scholarship funded through contributions be awarded annually for each commissary operated by the Defense Commissary Agency worldwide.
The Scholarships for Military Children Program is primarily funded through the generosity of manufacturers and suppliers whose products are sold at military commissaries, worldwide. We encourage military families to take advantage of their commissary benefits that not only provide a savings of more than 30 percent on the products purchased, but also support the military community through programs such as this scholarship. The purchase of products from these companies funds the Scholarships for Military Children program.
The Fisher House Foundation is honored to be involved with the Scholarships for Military Children Program. Fisher House Foundation provides a "Home Away from Home" near military medical centers for families experiencing a personal medical crisis and is one of the premiere quality of life organizations supporting military families. The Foundation volunteered to underwrite the administration of this program.
A total of 500 scholarship grants, each for $2,000, will be awarded for school year 2019-20. There will be at least one recipient selected at every commissary location where qualified applications are received, and additional recipients will be selected based on a prorate basis, so more applicants will be selected from those commissaries with larger numbers of applicants.
Deadline: February 15, 2019
Submit your online Application at: https://militaryscholar.org/sfmc/
Ultima Bank Minnesota Scholarship
Ultima Bank Minnesota is offering three $1,000 scholarships to the 2018 graduating seniors in the communities we serve.
UBM has four branch locations: Winger, Fosston, Plummer, Bemidji and a loan production office in East Grand Forks.
Eligibility: Must be a graduating senior who is enrolled at Bagley, Bemidji, East Grand Forks, Fertile-Beltrami, Fosston, Mahnomen, Red Lake County Central, or Win-E-Mac schools that is planning on attending a post-secondary school.
Requirements: 1. Please include a resume highlighting your activities, jobs, groups/clubs, volunteer work, and GPA. 2. Letter of reference from someone you respect, with an introduction from you explaining why you respect them (no relatives please).
or stop by the Counseling Office for more information.
America's Farmers Grow Ag Program
- Make sure you’re eligible! Students must:
- Be high school seniors or enrolled as full-time students in college.
- Plan to pursue a degree or certification in specific areas of agriculture and eligible majors (a complete list of areas/majors is available in the America’s Farmers Grow Ag Leaders Program Overview.
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Obtain two endorsements from Eligible Farmers
- Students do not have to be FFA members to apply.
- Apply at https://www.ffa.org/scholarships
- Gather your farmer endorsements! To be considered, each applicant is required to receive endorsements from at least two local farmers. Once you complete the application, each farmer will receive an email containing instructions for completing the endorsement form. If the farmer does not have an email address, you can print the instructions and deliver them to the farmer.
- Questions? Visit our FAQ page.
National High School Oratorical Contest Scholarship
Scholarships are awarded to the three finalists. First place receives $18,000, second gets $16,000 and third takes $14,000.
Each individual state winner certified into and participating in the first round of the national contest receives a $1,500 scholarship.
Each first-round winner who advances but does not qualify for the finals receives an additional $1,500 scholarship.
Scholarships may be used to attend any college or university in the United States.
In addition to the national organization’s scholarships, hundreds of scholarships are awarded to participants by posts, districts, counties and departments during earlier levels of competition.
DEADLINE: February 19, 2019
Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarship Programs
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation’s scholarship programs are designed to encourage and support outstanding students who work hard and have financial need. Our scholarships provide financial assistance and academic support to high school, undergraduate, and graduate students. In addition to the monetary award, students join a thriving network of nearly 2,500 Cooke Scholars.
2019 MN Scholarship Application
Reunion Student Loan Finance Corporation is pleased to announce the availability of THREE scholarships for Minnesota high school seniors. These $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to Minnesota high school seniors attending a college, university or technical institute for the 2019/2020 academic year. Every scholarship application will be automatically entered into a drawing for a free iPad.
If you're looking for a great scholarship opportunity, please consider applying for the MWE Scholarship. Deadline is February 1st.
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must:
Demonstrate financial need and this should be considered to be of utmost importance in receiving the scholarship.
Be scheduled to graduate or have graduated from high school in Grand Forks, ND, East Grand Forks, MN and Carrington, ND.
Must have maintained an average of a 2.0 or “C” average throughout four years of high school.
Have been accepted or are currently attending a post secondary institution.
The student may be a person who does not have sufficient funds to enter or re-enter college, such as a military veteran, a single mother, or any other person with a hardship.
Applications can be found at: http://www.mwescholarships.com/
B. Davis Scholarship
The creators of the “Student Award Search Aid” website are offering a scholarship for 2019.
Please visit our website at http://www.studentawardsearch.com/scholarships.htm to read about us and to apply for our scholarship. While you’re there, please browse through the rest of the site to learn more about applying for scholarships.
Our website was developed solely for the purpose of helping students locate and apply for scholarships. We are trying to improve the students’ chances for success. The site is free and we charge nothing for the information or the application.
The deadline for applications is May 24, 2019
Amount of Scholarship: $1,000
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
The 2019 Drake Physics Prize
The Drake Physics Prize Test is given to students in Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, Illinois, South Dakota, and North Dakota. First prize in the test is a full, four year tuition scholarship to the Drake Physics and Astronomy department. A second four year tuition scholarship is offered to a runner-up (top 50 seniors) based on the academic record of the student, high school teacher and counselor recommendations, and the results of interviews held in April. High school students and teachers seeking more information should contact the department at 515-271-3141. Deadline: February 4, 2019
MN Association of Townships Scholarship Program (JUNIORS)
The Minnesota Association of Townships (MAT) is proud to again offer a township scholarship program for high school Juniors in the state of Minnesota. Up to SIX $1,000 scholarships will be awarded. All applications for the awards given in 2019 must be submitted by May 1st, 2019.
The Minnesota Association of Townships is a nonprofit corporation representing Minnesota townships while promoting an understanding of the heritage, future and being a voice for its roughly 9,000 officers. It regularly conducts research and educational programs designed to foster efficient and economical town governmental services and acts as a liaison between township officers and other local government officials to encourage sustained cooperation.
The Minnesota Association of Townships Scholarship Program is designed to heighten awareness among young people about Minnesota’s Grassroots Township government. The program encourages every high school in the state of Minnesota to offer this opportunity for Juniors to participate in this scholarship program.