WORLD'S BEST WORKFORCE PLAN
The World’s Best Workforce (WBWF) bill was passed by the Minnesota Legislature in 2013 to ensure every school district in the state is making strides to increase student performance. Each district must develop a strategic plan that addresses the following five goals:
- All children are ready for kindergarten.
- All third-graders can read at grade level.
- All racial and economic achievement gaps between students are closed.
- All students are ready for career and college.
- All students graduate from high school.
East Grand Forks Public Schools' WBWF plan serves as a foundational document to align the many initiatives already in place to ensure our students are equipped with necessary skills for the 21st century.
- Clearly defined student achievement goals and benchmarks.
- Process to evaluate each student’s progress toward meeting the state and local academic standards.
- A system to review and evaluate the effectiveness of instruction and curriculum.
- Practices that integrate high-quality instruction, rigorous curriculum, instructional technology, and a collaborative professional culture that support teacher quality, performance and effectiveness.
- Evidence-based strategies for improving curriculum, instruction and student achievement.
- An annual budget for continuation of district plan implementation.